Factions & More Players

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone! I think it would be awesome to be abable to do facvtions on runic parades. I ran the idea across rune but he said probably no but then one reason why was we would need more players. More Players... That's what we need. But how to get them. I was thinking once we meet the goal for donating for the year what if we spent the extra money on advertising on various websites. But then I thought... Then we would have to wait until the end of the year. What if every time let's say someone bought a Emerald Perks pack $3.00 went towards advertising. I think it would work but also would be hard. I really want to be able to have more players. It would bring more joy to the server!
Just an idea and would love feedback,
-Highs
Sports+Runic=Life!

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Advertising on the server lists by buying the sponsored slots usually costs more than $1,000 just for a month. Our donations generally cover the server costs and not much more. We can look at other options for advertising but not sure all that's available.

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
Wow your fast XD I accidentally posted it twice BTW. What are these other options. I would love to help withwith them!!

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
Could runic paradise possibly get a Facebook, Instagram ( to show off player builds etc. ) and other social media. That might help spread the word about runic!!
-Higgs

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Little things help, like voting, posting about us on forum websites, giving a diamond on planetminecraft... telling friends about the server. And none of that costs any money :)

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
See our twitter here

http://runic-paradise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1088

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
Please post below of ideas to get others onto runic!!
-Higgs
PS I will try to join in conversation

Casey714

Apr 24, 2016
Factions has been mentioned multiple times - I'm just going to give my opinion on adding it:
- it causes rage and this is a family friendly server
-non PVP survival and constant PVP don't mix well
-it might get rid of alot of players because most of us came here for the peaceful community
Thanks, Ducky

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
We did have a PVP world in the 2nd or 3rd version of Runic and it didn't go well for the reasons Ducky mentions. People did use it and had some fun, but it led to arguments and general unhappiness because our usual players don't enjoy getting killed or having their stuff broken.

But regarding ideas to get more people here - I am open to those :)

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
I am starting to see your reasons and am agreeing with them. I don't want a Runic To be Runic Nether (you know what the nether is called.) I'd rather it be Runic Paradise. Quick question to anyone: What day, year, & month was Runic Paradise created in game??