Stuck in someones portal

Jun 12, 2015
so i went to the nether and upon returning i have ended up in someone elses portal.

they have placed gates in front of the portal to prevent people exiting, this has also prevented me from returning into the portal and back to the nether.

on top of this i cant type anything in game and i dont know why, ive tried relogging and turning chat on/off but nothing has worked.

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
I'm away for the weekend until Sunday evening unfortunately... One of our other stuff members will need to check into this. Maybe try smashing the portals? Can you provide the coords?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 20, 2014
I think it's something to do with how portals work. You need to synchronize your portal in the overworld to the one in the nether. Here's a video. http://m.youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB#/watch?v=Ag5y1MLzk2A

Obviously you'd have to get out of there first :/ have you tried to kill yourself? If you have a bucket of water maybe you could make yourself drown? Enderpearls could work if you have any.

Jun 12, 2015
ive tried smashing the portal, not tried the water method but i dont think it will matter. As it is a protected build i cant destroy or place anything, i tried placing a block in the portal to turn it off but it didnt work.

Unfortunetly i dont think this is a problem i can fix at my own end and probably will require staff intervention