Blacksmith job

May 31, 2015
I'm having a hard time with this job, it seems brutally slow and as a donor with /repair it means tons of wasted materials making things I don't really need. Currently this is the xp and money gain for this profession at blacksmith level 15:

I would love to see mining and smelting added in if possible. It fits in with the "blacksmith" job scope and if we have to make a ton of tools, armor, or weapons we need to gather the materials.

Just a possible suggestion for the future. [13]

RaveLuth

May 30, 2015
How about exp for coal, can't be a smithy without fuel for the fire.

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Well, mining is already a job with smelting ores underneath mining. I suggest doing a lot of wheat gardening. That is how me and many others have passed this job.

May 31, 2015
Yeah I can do that it just doesn't make sense when there are other jobs that have overlaps like fishing for example works for all jobs.

I shouldn't be out harvesting wheat. I should be slaving away over the furnace smelting and creating awesomeness! But ok lol challenge accepted! I'll be the best darn wheat growing blacksmith in town. But you'll have to buy your tools and weapons somewhere else because all I have now is bread and seeds lol

Oooh how about xp for repairs and salvaging added to the job? Those make sense as well.

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Hi all -

Repair and salvage can't be added to the job because the jobs plugin doesn't support those actions. But... I have made some changes. I've added the smelting tasks to Blacksmith - although they grant roughly 25% of the income/exp of Miner. (Otherwise Miner becomes obsolete).

I've doubled the rewards from crafting tools/armor... and have added a reward for mining coal ore.

Hope this helps!