Enderman Farms

Jonznes

Aug 29, 2015
I have read that enderman farms weren't allowed, but I can't seem to understand why. I would like to convey my argument as a block text, but if you (community and owners) don't want to discuss it and just have it null I would like to know. Also, if we were to discuss the viability of enderman farms should it be set-up as a block text or a back-and-forth through multiple posts? I suppose this is up for admins or mods to open up so I will wait for a response from them. Thanks for reading.

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Endermen kills are rewarded via runics and part of the job promotion ladder at the moment.

If people want endermen farms, we can consider doing it but I am going to then remove the cash benefit and change the job promotion requirements.

Which then raises the question, why should normal players who kill endermen in the wild be punished because some players want to use farms.

Jonznes

Aug 29, 2015
Rune said:
Endermen kills are rewarded via runics and part of the job promotion ladder at the moment.

If people want endermen farms, we can consider doing it but I am going to then remove the cash benefit and change the job promotion requirements.

Which then raises the question, why should normal players who kill endermen in the wild be punished because some players want to use farms.
Zombie, Skeleton and Spiders are abled to be farmed via mob spawners that can also provide runics/job promotion requirements. If a player logs out or teleports to a location several blocks away, they can receive the same exact rewards gained by enderman farms. The only difference between the three farms mentioned initially and an enderman farm is the amount of McMMO exp gained (based on how mob spawning functions and monster health. Adding enderman farms pose no difference to any of the other farms available to players now. Normal players won't be punished unless the job promotion requirement and rewards are removed.

Edit: Adding enderman farms DO pose a difference to players because they give a means of gaining more McMMO experience over time. Also, when logging out or teleporting away from zombie, skeleton and spider spawners they also provide experience, but not as much as enderman over time.

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Endermen are more rare and therefore rewarded nicer than the common mobs you mention. It is not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonznes

Aug 29, 2015
How exactly is enderman more rare? Initially I wasn't able to access the end, but when I asked for it several people gave me a free teleport to it. Once at the end there were far more enderman present than even pigman in the nether.

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
I'm not really looking for ways for people to trivialize the game mechanics we have on the server, such as MCMMO leveling, jobs, faiths, or ranks. That defeats the purpose of having these.

So rather than me defending our game mechanics, why don't you defend how your request is valid when your primary purpose creates shortcuts to the above systems.

Jonznes

Aug 29, 2015
You're right, I shouldn't have discussed this topic this way so here is what I believe:

Having enderman farms do not provide shortcuts, but rather another means of leveling combat McMMO skills and gathering resources. A shortcut would be my earlier proposition; if double exp for McMMO skills through donations was a shortcut (this is something I agree with, although I still hold my opinions of that subject aka I want it). Killing enderman, through isolated farms, simply is another means of leveling McMMO or gathering resources. Just like how sugar cane farms are used to level Herbalism efficiently, animal farms for the Taming job and how current mob traps are used to gather resources and fulfill job promotion requirements. Currently, enderman farms are restricted median of use.

In the current state, I do agree that the amount of money earned from enderman can pose as a problem, but I can think of an example that is similar, if not worse, than this. Creating shovels and salvaging them provides a large sum of money with very little effort (the only cost being sticks). This being said, the amount of money provided can be a lot so maybe a decrease in runics earned per kill can be reduced or other methods.

I also want to mention that on my previous post I mentioned the concept of more exp over time. I specifically said over time because hitting enderman compared to other monsters provides a slight variance of experience gain. The only difference is that enderman have much more health than normal mobs and this is important in terms of spawning. If a chunk is filled with a certain number of monsters, new monster will not spawn until they are a chunk away (which I believe is 16 blocks in all directions. Keeping efficiency in mind, spawners are placed, in general, 20ish blocks away to maximize spawns and to kill with ease. Because enderman have more health, you can keep them at an optimal distance from their spawning platform while having plenty of health. Since McMMO combat skills give experience based on damage (multiplied by the monster type), enderman gives the most potential exp per kill.

For these reasons I think enderman farms should be allowed. I dont't believe including them will cause shortcuts, but rather another mean of getting McMMO exp and resources.

I also want to thank you for considering the subject. It is a subject that you could have easily dismissed, but you're willing to take the time to discuss. Appreciate it.

Kale

Staff member
Aug 4, 2015
America
www.runic-paradise.com
WEBSITE
http://www.runic-paradise.com/
im just going to mention that with a strength rune and at least a diamond sword with sharpness 3(i think) is a 1 hit enderman kill

Apr 8, 2015
Louisana
The part about zombie and skeleton farms is a little wrong, you don't get money from killing mobs from spawners, if they did, I would have a lot more money then I do now :p

Kale

Staff member
Aug 4, 2015
America
www.runic-paradise.com
WEBSITE
http://www.runic-paradise.com/
Legosboy100 said:
The part about zombie and skeleton farms is a little wrong, you don't get money from killing mobs from spawners, if they did, I would have a lot more money then I do now :p
he means if you unload the area and reload it the mobs will then give you money