Error when logging in

Kalgorath

Apr 21, 2015
I get this error when I attempt to login, from i can see it's something to do with corrupted chunks.

Internal exception: Io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Java.util.zip.DataFormatException: Incorrect Data Check

sometimes it says this

Internal exception: Io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated object at line 1 column 242

I've never had this issue before today so I am kind of clueless how to fix it. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem before and knew how to fix it.

Update: Now I'm getting more new errors that I've never seen before

Internal exception: Io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Java.util.zip.DataFormatException: Incorrect Header Check

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling java and updating java and that hasn't worked

Kalgorath

Apr 21, 2015
i just found I cant connect to ANY servers now. -_- never had these issues before today

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Yea I'm lookin at it now...

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
I've tried going to where you logged out and it works fine for me, so it's not corruption on the server side.

Do you have any mods installed on your minecraft? Try using a fresh install of 1.8.4 minecraft.

Kalgorath

Apr 21, 2015
Rune said:
I've tried going to where you logged out and it works fine for me, so it's not corruption on the server side.

Do you have any mods installed on your minecraft? Try using a fresh install of 1.8.4 minecraft.
no mods installed, using java 7 update 67. windows 7. I tried uninstalling java 7 and installing java 8 but java 8 refuses to install. Starting to think I may be due for a PC repair which is weird considering my PC is less than a year old. I think this is a windows update issue as now commodo AV has stopped working as well.

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Kalgorath said:
no mods installed, using java 7 update 67. windows 7. I tried uninstalling java 7 and installing java 8 but java 8 refuses to install. Starting to think I may be due for a PC repair which is weird considering my PC is less than a year old. I think this is a windows update issue as now commodo AV has stopped working as well.
It kind of sounds like you computer is infected/broken. With your Comodo not working and Java 8 u40 refusing to download, I suggest that you get anti-malwarebytes free edition (if that does not install either then your computer is probably infected and then you should get malwarebytes chameleon instead). It would also be good to see how fragmented you computer is too.

Kalgorath

Apr 21, 2015
Coastar said:
Kalgorath said:
It kind of sounds like you computer is infected/broken. With your Comodo not working and Java 8 u40 refusing to download, I suggest that you get anti-malwarebytes free edition (if that does not install either then your computer is probably infected and then you should get malwarebytes chameleon instead). It would also be good to see how fragmented you computer is too.
Actually just isolated the issue. some guys working for my ISP were messing with the lines and caused a surge that blew everyone in the neighborhoods ethernet ports. I can connect to the web with wireless(not ideal but working at least) but still cant get downloads to work, every file I download is being corrupted(the network adapters were damaged as well probably), so I'm taking my pc to have it fixed tomorrow. I appreciate you guys trying to help me out though, it took all day to isolate this issue. Luckily my HD and rest of my PC don't seem to be affected, but Im replacing the whole motherboard then billing my ISP for it since they caused the issue. going to have to plug my ethernet into an ethernet surge protector.

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Well that is good, hope you can get on soon. :)